Saturday 23 March 2013

CNY in Hong Kong

Even though I'm from Hong Kong, it's actually my first time spending CNY back home. Normally, CNY hols is a time for me to just stay at home and sleep in. I never had the opportunity to celebrate it with my relatives and go house visiting. I must say, CNY in HK is really different. Everywhere you go, you need to bring ang paos with you because it's really common to give it out to strangers. Whenever someone says hi to you, you give an ang pao. Everywhere you go, you'll see families gathered together celebrating this Chinese festival. It really is heartwarming to see teenagers and adults spending time with the elderly. Puts a smile on my face and it reminded me the true reason for this celebration.

So my brother and I flew off on Friday, Feb 8. We were really really excited and ended up going to the airport earlier then we originally planned. Who doesn't like to travel right? So we had a lot of time to kill and ended up eating at Bakerzin.




This muffin was huge! Definitely worth $3.50. 

Well a picture speaks a thousand words so this is how my CNY went (:






















One reason why I love Hong Kong is because of the weather. Even though it is the winter season, it doesn't snow. This means that I can dress to impress and not cover myself with layers and layers of thick bulky clothes just to keep myself warm. You gotta love feeling all cosy and snuggled up.
Thin 3/4 shirt from F21, Ballerina Jacket from Charcoal

Dress from Chaceylove, Trench Coat from Forever New, Heels from Love Bonito

Dress from Tag-style, boots from Mongkok


Bejewelled Knit Top from AmberAvenue,shorts from Roxy
What else comes to your mind when we talk about CNY? CNY GOODIES!!! It's the time to ignore your weight and just eat and eat and eat. This was just what I did back in HK!



Even though it was a short 4 days trip, it felt great to be able to spend time with my relatives. Can't wait to go back to HK again and see them. 
''Family is the most important thing in the world.'' -Princess Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment